About Coromandel Discovery
Allow us to show you this stunning part of the New Zealand landscape.
Coromandel Discovery Coastal Walkway Tours has been operating for almost 25 years, and has gained an enviable reputation for offering a truly authentic experience. We put our resources and expertise into a Day Tour to the beautiful Coromandel Coastal Walkway located at the tip of the Northern Coromandel Peninsula.
Gavin and Leanne Jeffcoat are the owner/operators and reside in the iconic village of Colville, 25 minutes north of Coromandel. Our family have lived on the Northern Coromandel Peninsula for over one hundred years. We are passionate about the area and are excited to share this very special part of New Zealand with visitors. Our local knowledge and experiences coupled with work history in transport and customer service, mean we will continually strive to deliver an exceptional service to our guests.
We drive a Toyota Hiace 9-seater minibus, which gives a very comfortable ride, has full seat-belts, good leg-room, and twin air-conditioning for your comfort and safety. Our window's are UV treated to prevent sun glare.
Call in and visit us at our busy site at 105 Wharf Road, Coromandel Town. This is also home to our bike hire, sales and service business, Bush e Bikes. During the summer months enjoy street food from one or other of the trailers operating under The Shady Palm.
At Coromandel Discovery we aim to:
- Provide our visitors with an excellent service and an awesome experience while demonstrating we are responsible citizens of this earth, caring for people, the community and the environment.
- Be recognised both within New Zealand and internationally as being a leader in our industry in relation to sustainable practices.
- Be the operator of first choice for clients and staff who have an environmental conscience.
- Ensure we comply with all relevant environmental legislation, and commit to developing robust environmental policies, procedures and other records.
- Continue to develop our New Zealand Sustainability Commitment in terms of the Economic, Visitor, Host Community and Environmental aspects of our business and Tiaki Promise.
- Achieve Qualmark Certification.